09 June 2013

I will give you back twice as much

Turn you to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope: even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee - Zechariah 9:12

Today Lord is going to bless you double. For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.(Isa 61:1). I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands.(Gen 32:10). Jacob was blessed with two bands. God who promises to bless you double fold will also bless you with two bands. Jacob was separated from His family and went alone to his uncle Laban’s house. During his journey God visited him in his dreams. Jacob named that place Bethel. And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not. And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven. And Jacob rose up early in the morning, and took the stone that he had put for his pillows, and set it up for a pillar, and poured oil upon the top of it. And he called the name of that place Bethel: but the name of that city was called Luz at the first.(Gen 28:16-19). Then Jacob offered sacrifices in the presence of God. And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God: And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.(Gen 28:20-22)..

Jacob made a vow to God and a covenant with God and God bless him accordingly. Beloved, you also, at many times make vows to God. You promise God that you increase the number of hours in prayer in His presence. Again you promise that you will spend time in doing His work. When God bless you and when you prosper you promise that you will offer more to God. If He blesses your occupation you promise to pay certain proceeds to God as thanks giving. When you commit and vow to God such promises are you fulfilling it, when you receive His grace? You, being the children of God, ought to be extremely careful in fulfilling your commitments or vows to God. It is a snare to the man who devoureth that which is holy, and after vows to make enquiry.(Pro 20:25). When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.(Eccl 5:4). God reminded Jacob during in his life time. And the angel of God spake unto me in a dream, saying, Jacob: And I said, Here am I. And he said, Lift up now thine eyes, and see, all the rams which leap upon the cattle are ringstraked, speckled, and grisled: for I have seen all that Laban doeth unto thee. I am the God of Bethel, where thou anointedst the pillar, and where thou vowedst a vow unto me: now arise, get thee out from this land, and return unto the land of thy kindred.(Gen 31:11-13). As per the instruction of God Jacob went to Bethel where he made the covenant with God. God always remains you of your covenant with Him many times through different means. Today you fulfill your vows to God and then you will also blessed two bands like Jacob.

Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. – 1 Timothy 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment